Wednesday, October 2, 2013

1-7

1-7

That is the current record of my two fantasy football teams.  One league I am in with 7 Brits that know nothing about "American" football, and the other is with the Issaquah boys that we have been doing for well over a decade.  Basically what I am trying to communicate is that NFL does not exist down here, I have watched one game, and all I know for sure is the Hawks are 4-0.  Games start at 3am on Monday morning and are pretty much only on while I am at work.  Sucks, sucks bad.  Another team that I am actually able to follow is the also 4-0 Washington Huskies.  Huge game coming up this weekend, and it will be the first televised in Australia, so while the rest of you are out Saturday night watching the Dawgs, I will be at a sports bar on a Sunday at noon trying to find a place that has ESPN 2.  Can't wait, and I am not being sarcastic.  I even have about 6 of the Brits shouting U-dub upon my entrance or exit of a room.  Its pretty great.

I asked for some topics to write about and here is some of the questions I was asked.

How are the Aussie Women??
- Crazy, they are fun and loud and quite unstable.  I know I am making a very broad generalization here, but from what I have encountered in 6 months, they are equal parts awesome and equal parts nuts.  I have been on a couple dates, been in the trenches and I have not taken marriage off the table, but its teetering on the edge.

Lingo that I find stupid
- Mackers- this is what they call McDonalds, its a dumb nickname and all the menu items are not good and overpriced.  EXCPET the .30 ice cream cone, oh god how much do I love the .30 ice cream done.  Best deal in the country.
-How you going- How are you doing, how are you?  I have refrained from adopting this and have yet to ask sonmeone, but you will hear it 5-6 times a day.
-Unlucky- Aussies will say this is anything on the planet does not go your way.  Miss a crazy basketball shot, "ahhhh, unlucky."  Get caught robbing a bank, "Ohhh rough go mate, unlucky"  
-Toliet- Bathrooms do not exist, only toilets
-Return- This is a round trip, its a tiny thing that drives me crazy.  If you are going to work and back it doesnt take 2 hours round trip, its 2 hours return.
-Take Away- This means to go.  This phrase is also annoying

Ill do some more as I am too agitated now. 

Here is what has been going on lately for me:

Monday- Work, Men's league hoops, home, bed
Monday 2- Work, Co rec league hoops, home, bed
Monday 3- Work, Workout on the roof at the hostel, movie
Monday 4- Work, make up an excuse as to why I can skip working out (I had a vegetable earlier in the day, its too windy to run, or the walk to the bus was at least a 5k (about 100 feet) ), bed
Friday- Sleepwalk though work, nearly pass out at my desk, get off work, 100% awake and ready to go enjoy the Sydney nightlife
Saturday (park hoops, try not to get robbed, win some games, explore the city)
Pre Monday (Sleep, blog maybe, watch the dawgs on pirate internet tv, movie, hate life as its almost Monday)

*Weeks do vary, and I am making them less exciting than they are, part of that is to keep this pg and the other part is that I live in a freaking hostel full of idiots (not all the people in here are idiots, just most)

Here are some pictures of recent events:  I apparently need to take more pictures..........  The first two are murderball, USA vs New Zeland vs  Australia.  US #1 and Australia is #2.  Turns out US is still #1, weird!!!!

The bottom one was 5:30 am on a Tuesday, while you were all enjoying Labor Day, I was drafting my 0-4 fantasy football team.  The things we do.  And one fun night out (ok those wont post, ugh, next time)






Much more to come soon, again anything you want to know just ask.  

No comments:

Post a Comment