Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fleet Week

It was Fleet Week here in Sydney this week and they were celebrating 100 years of Australian Navy.  Boats from all around the world came to celebrate and I hear Rihanna, Prince Henry, and some other celebs where here.  Here are some photos from the weekend (I did not take all of these, but I wanted you to be able to see what I saw).






The city was buzzing all weekend because of this and was extra packed.  Which is exactly what I was looking for in coming here.  Had a great night out with the crew and it pretty much lasted until an early morning.  The next day I went and watched the UW game............moving on I stayed up till 3am to watch the Hawks game.............and that was the weekend.  Not sure what happened in either game and I blacked out with rage.

What a bummer that Dawgs game was.  Reasons why we lost:
Opening Kickoff Ret TD
End of first half secondary mess up
Penalties in first half
And magical camera ferries that showed that ball hit the ground when all the angles they showed on tv game NO CLEAR EVIDENCE to overturn the call on the field, had they called incomplete, and those were the two camera shots they had to go on, I would not have been upset if they kept the ruling on the field and we lost, but since they called catch, it should have remained a catch, no arguing that.

At least the Game Day crew will be headed to Seattle next week, someone take out Corso if he puts on the Donald Duck head!!!!!!


Another question I am asked quite often is what you miss most from the US.  Other than all of you, here are the products that I have been unable to find here:
Like I said before the beer here is not good, unless you go IPA.  And not being a beer fan in general I need my beer to taste like delicious water.  Nothing in the world better than Bud Light!!!!  I think the #1 beer drunk over here is called Toohey's New, it is ok, but its the sweet sweet nectar that is Bud Light!

They don't have it here and Diet Coke sucks, I drink a lot less soda then I used to.  Probably a good problem to have.  I have increased my coffee drinking by about 1000% though.  I hear that the coffee here is better than the coffee at home, whatever, but I guess that means since I did not drink coffee at home I am going to be missing the kinds you get here.  Regardless I'll be back on the DP most likely when I get home.

All the deodorant down here is spray, which is great if you want to smell like a cologned up, lasts for 20 minutes in this heat, all day BO Aussie.  But, most countries where we shower at least once a day, colonging up 5x a day is not really going to prevent the smell.  (Think NYC taxi, but everyone).  Its a really easy way to tell who is local and who is not.  This exact brand, this exact kind, I have one stick left and I am getting nervous.

Just so good.

I don't let my hair get too long, so I have made do for 6 months with one of these bad boys, however its getting low and seeing as hair products cost $47 about down here I might just be letting nature have its way for a while.  Speaking of hair I went in and got my haircut about 4 weeks ago.  It was magical.  The guy sat me down, asked me what I wanted and then we did not speak again until he asked me if I wanted my side burns shortened.  My god, he didn't ask me a thing, I loved it!!!!  No, "Are you off work?" "Where do you work?" "Have any kids?" "How's the weather?"  Just the most mundane talks you can have and I hate them, I hate them so much.  If you could pay extra to guarantee no conversation would transpire I would go as high as $7 extra.  I also have an amazing idea for a new kind of hair cutting place that I have shared with some of you, it would be a $$$ maker for sure.

Other Stuff:


Group night out, fun bunch of people.

I am Chandler Bing, nice awkward hands

This picture was taking in the main corridor of Central Train station.  I wandered in there on my way to work as I do everyday, however on this day they were filming an Aussie reality TV cooking show.  There were about 10 station like this one, with couples doing some sort of cook off.  There was a six foot barricade that was blocking people from the one you see in this picture.  I walked right past that and up to where they were cooking.  Then I took about 5 photos.  Then I was accosted by security and a lady that tried to take my phone.  Several lies later I was on my way with just this one photo.  I even got some of the cameras to turn in my direction.  By the way if you have never seen a reality show (why would you), they had like 8 cameras on each pair, which would drive me crazy.  There were more cameramen in that place then anything else.  In summing up I am an Australian Reality TV star, channel 7, look for me.

The following pictures are my home gym.  These are the torture stairs, mostly used for torture and going up and down between floors.  About 20 minutes of them will do.

You know those long bands that people use in the gym and do self propelled flys and other various workouts.  We use towels and they are awesome.

Multi-purpose bar and weights.  The bar weighs about 5 lbs and we have about 50 lbs of weights, so there is only so much you can do, but when its too light, just have to increase the reps!!!

These are detergent jugs full of water.  Great for lunges and replacement kettle bells. 

Yoga Mat

Then this guy.  I know its hard to see, but that is his hair.  He has it in the shape of sun glasses, pretty awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment