Saturday, July 27, 2013

Retraction, sort of

If you know me well, you probably know that I am not good at admitting that I was wrong or did wrong.  I will argue something that I was blatantly wrong about into the ground until you just submit.  I am working on that, and wanted to take this time to say that I was a bit hard on Kim and Karly previously.  I did a great job of painting the picture of them and anchors and such.  Well that could not be further than the truth. (Except when it came to planning and driving, but they were on vacation!!)

They were both troopers from start to finish.  Staying places that were too small (Surfer's Paradise, the car), too dingy (just about all of them), or just had bad weather.  I was honored that they both came all the way down to Australia to visit for me for a whole month and will cherish it for the rest of my life.  These are the reasons I made this pilgrimage.  To make memories that will never be taken away no matter how broke I get.  I wanted to say publicly to both of them that their visit already made this all worth it and I hope we start to make this a tradition of some sort.

I addition on the 43/50 states, I mean they did not work well together, were too excited, and might have had a cocktail or two and rather than waste time they moved on to the next challenge.  The entire thing had a time limit.  Yeah, 43 out of 50 is still pretty bad though!!!

-Mattie and Dev-

I know I put it on Facebook, but I wanted to say again congratulations to two of my favorite people on getting married this past Friday.  Very happy and proud of you both and if you get the time in the upcoming weeks, I would love to hear about the event, since I was not there to get too drunk and attempt to steal your thunder.  You guys are the best.  Devin are you taking her last name??

For the past 6 days I have been on a house search the likes of which you have never seen.  I figure since I have started working its time to get out of the hostels and shitty hotels.  I have been to about every part of this city.  Seen places with 4 people living in the living room, shacks in the middle of nowhere for $180 a week (they do it by the week here), and a place that had to have snakes, it had to!  Locals have described the areas I have been going to as Middle Earth, and N'va, as in never going to see you again.  I even managed to look at a place that was in the projects.  Well I saw where I was headed and when I saw 4 high rises in an area where high rises made zero sense I turned around and walked away.  It was straight out of the wire minus the couch in the middle of the terrace and D'angelo (Max/Egan). 

So I finally narrowed it down to 2. 

House #1- In a great part of the city, seconds from the train that I will be taking everyday to work, cheap, by the park where I have been playing basketball.  Not a very clean kitchen, small bathrooms, and my room will make you laugh when I post pictures.  Its so tiny that I am not sure I can even fit my 3 total outfits in there.  There are about 6 roommates, what is about 6??  Nice backyard and free wifi (huge)

House #2- Also in a great part of the city, no hoops, seconds from a different train, right next to the famous King St, which is an area just like Cap Hill, but just one long awesome street.  Clean and huge kitchen, 1 bathroom, 6 roommates for sure.  More expensive, like $300 a month more.  HUGE room, that comes with a flat screen and a ps2.  Here is the catch, no noise after 10 pm, no guests, and no fun.  Its like the town from Footloose.

I chose house #1, and will stay there, make some money and then move to a place like house 2 without the rules.  Hard to say no to that tv and PS2 though.  I am not in Australia to watch tv, I guess.

No more for now.  Next post will most likely be a shout out to another wedding, the signs of a backpacker, first week at Costco, and how I have lost almost all my man cards Australia gave me at customs.

Happy Sunday to all.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment